Monday, February 3, 2014

Driving To the Golf Course

This afternoon Grace and I threw the irons into the bed and drove Ole Blue out to the driving range north of town. Grace was getting a lesson from the local Pro and since it was a sunny winter day we decided to let the truck warm up a bit. On the way through town we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and as I was parallel parking along Petaluma Boulevard I noticed the brakes getting mushy as I cranked the old steering wheel to maneuver into the space we found in front of LaLa's Ice cream shop.

I would pull forward, depress the brake pedal and then crank the steering wheel, let up on the brake pedal, roll a foot or two and then do it all over in the other direction slipping Ole Blue into the space just big enough for her length.

It was during this exercise that I noticed while I cranked the steering wheel with brake pedal depressed that after a few seconds the pedal would move towards the front of the truck. I am fearful this is indicative of either air in the lines (After all this time?)  or some other issue with the brake cylinders. Hmmmm ... I will add this to the list of things to check out in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment