Monday, March 24, 2014

Blasting and Painting the Air Vent Doors

I had all the new gear and it took a while to get it all setup and me dressed like a beekeeper to sand blast the vent doors. I did not get a blasting box so I made something using the heavy clear plastic left over from another project and a few boxes. This would allow me to contain and capture most of the media and reuse it a few times. I also had read that the noise can cause problems with neighbors so I positioned the compressor behind the garage to reduce the noise for everyone but the sheep in the pasture behind.




The blasting was relatively easy - much easier then using paint stripper and scraping away chemical/paint residue. The effort gave me clean parts and I quickly taped off the plastic and shot it with primer.


I waited a half hour, sanded with 600 sandpaper to get the little nubs off the primer and then used simple Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black Enamel  to add the color I wanted.


Primer and semi-Gloss Black Paint



No comments:

Post a Comment