Monday, July 22, 2013

What is Old Blue?

It has been a wild couple of weeks for me as I get used to driving this two tone truck - from the simple things I remember about my dads old Galaxy (driven during my teenage years) like the high beam switch is on the floor and what is a choke anyway (!!!) to the more complicated like how to stop the carburetor intake from leaking ...

Other than some simple introductions to the clean, focused implementation of a mid 60's combustion engine I have come across a few things that are still mysteries to me like - What is the difference between the three DRIVE options on the Automatic Transmission selector. I can guess what the 'L' is for but the other two are nothing like my other daily driver and I suppose I will find out somewhere how the 'dot' and green 'circle dot' selections differ and effect driving.

First thing I want to do is get an idea as to what equipment this truck has, what options came with her, what did she look like when first off the show room floor. I think I would like to keep her a close to original as possible and someday let some else experience what is was to drive Big Iron from the mid 20th century.



Hmmm ... off to google I think ....

No comments:

Post a Comment